…you are leaving money on the table.
Here is why:
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market! Your home will also not be competing with the homes owned by those who wait.
- You can sell now for more money and we can stipulate a delayed closing or continued occupancy into the new year.
- Even though your house will be on the market, we can restrict showings during family events.
- January is one of the biggest months for folks to start a now job. Since transfers often won’t wait until Spring to buy, you need to be on the market during the Holidays if you want to be seen by those buyers.
- TAXES! Some buyers need to close before the end of the year to avoid paying taxes.
- Buyers have more time to look for a home during the Holidays. It isn’t just gift shopping that happens with time off.
- Houses show very well when decorated for the Holidays.
- The supply of listings will dramatically increase in January, so there will be less demand. Less demand means less money for you if you wait.
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you.
- The buyers who look for homes during the Holidays are generally more serious.